If you cannot log on to the network and/or use the internet for email, web browsing, MyEdBC, etc., it is likely that you do not have a network connection.
Try these steps:
- Check your System Tray (bottom RH corner of screen) for sign of a network connection:
- If your network card status icon does not look similar to the screenshots above, you may not have a connection to the network. In that case...
If the wireless switch is on, or the network cable is plugged in properly at both ends, and you still have no network connection, restart your computer, wait a few moments for the network card to establish a connection, and then try to log on to the server and/or browse the web.
- Restart the computer, wait a few moments for the network card to establish a connection. That will often fix problems. If it doesn't...
- Laptop? Take it to Ken Woodward and he weill help you.
- Desktop computer? Check to be sure your network cable is plugged in properly at both ends. It looks something like this: