APA Bibliography Guide (SMS version)
- Use this guide when formatting your bibliography.
C.R.A.A.P. Test - Currency, Relevance, Authority, Accuracy, Purpose
Evaluating Internet Research Sources
- How to evaluate the quality of information found on the internet.
- See also C.R.A.P. Test
- A primary source is a document or physical object which was written or created during the time under study. These sources were present during an experience or time period and offer an inside view of a particular event. Some types of primary sources include:
Examples of primary sources include:
- ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS (excerpts or translations acceptable): Diaries, speeches, manuscripts, letters, interviews, news film footage, autobiographies, official records
- CREATIVE WORKS: Poetry, drama, novels, music, art
- RELICS OR ARTIFACTS: Pottery, furniture, clothing, buildings
- Diary of Anne Frank - Experiences of a Jewish family during WWII
- The Constitution of Canada - Canadian History
- A journal article reporting NEW research or findings
- Weavings and pottery - Native American history
- Plato's Republic - Women in Ancient Greece
International Children's Digital Library
- The mission of the International Children's Digital Library Foundation (ICDL Foundation) is to support the world's children in becoming effective members of the global community - who exhibit tolerance and respect for diverse cultures, languages and ideas -- by making the best in children's literature available online free of charge. The Foundation pursues its vision by building a digital library of outstanding children's books from around the world and supporting communities of children and adults in exploring and using this literature through innovative technology designed in close partnership with children for children. The ICDL Foundation is a non-profit corporation.
Internet Search Strategy
- Recommended by the University of Cailfornia at Berkely
- All sorts of online resources, including article databases, encyclopediae, videos, and more
- Good website to help students and teachers learn about, combat and prevent plagiarism.