Interested in Parent Education
Opportunities? Check out the COPAC (Central Okanagan Parent Advisory Council) webpage for upcoming events.
Constitution & Bylaws
Springvalley Middle School PAC Executive 2016-2017
PAC Meeting Minutes: 2016-2017
PAC Meetings 2016-2017
6:00 p.m. in the SMS Library
- Monday, October 17, 2016
- Monday, November 21, 2016
- Monday, December 12, 2016 (2nd Monday)
- Monday, January 16, 2017
- Monday, February 20, 2017
- Monday, March 13, 2017 (2nd Monday)
- Monday, April 10, 2017 (2nd Monday)
- Monday, May 15, 2017
- Monday, June 12, 2017 (2nd Monday)
PAC Meetings 2015-2016 - MINUTES
- Monday, September 14th - Minutes
- Tuesday, October 20th - Minutes
- Monday, November 9th - Minutes
- Monday, December 14th - Minutes
- Monday, January 11th - Minutes
- Monday, February 15th - Minutes
- Monday, March 7th - Minutes
- Monday, April 11th - Minutes
- Monday, May 9th - Minutes
- Monday, June 6th - Minutes
The Parent Advisory Council is dedicated to helping our school provide the best education possible for its students. One way you can help the school grow and realize its vision is by actively supporting and participating in your Parent Advisory Council.
Your P.A.C. endeavours to:
· provide and improve communication between home and school;
· provide a forum for dialogue between parents and school concerning such things as school philosophy, programs and district and ministry initiatives;
· raise funds for special school; projects and programs;
· advise the school on matters affecting school activities and programs.
All parents or guardians of students attending Springvalley Middle School are entitled to attend our Parent Advisory Council (PAC) meetings which are generally held on the second Monday of each month. Meeting and dates are advertised in the school newsletters and on our school calendar. Parents, both individually and collectively through the Parent Advisory Council, are the schools' most important source of support. Your active participation is an integral part of our school success. Remember every parent is automatically a member of PAC
The staff and parents at Springvalley Middle School believe an effective school is one in which parents and the community support the school, participate in school activities, and actively participate in children's learning by sharing skills and talents. To this end we encourage and value the contributions of parents and community members to the education life of students. Assistance is needed in a number of areas, such as:
· helping with special events (Terry Fox, Sports Day, Concerts);
· helping with school fund-raising activities; and,
· involvement with Parent Advisory Council.
PARENT PARTIPATION AT SPRINGVALLEY MIDDLE SCHOOL IS NEEDED AND GREATLY APPRECIATED
Note: School District Policy and Protocol regarding CRIMINAL RECORD CHECKS required prior to the onset of volunteering
During the course of the year, various fundraising activities will be conducted. The Parent Advisory Council would appreciate your involvement, as we are always in need of people to assist with these events.
Let's challenge ourselves to work together to give our young people the best opportunities possible to achieve and reach beyond. This will make a difference in our children, our community, our country and our world. Are you willing to make a difference?
To read about previous year's executive and meeting minutes, have a look in the Archive.